Nonprofit Crisis Communications
Experts faulted him for not following the tried-and-true script for crisis communications: Get out in front of the story, say you’re sorry, inform the authorities and public, and take quick action.
Nonprofits also face crises. A leader resigns. Donor money is misappropriated. An employee is charged with a crime. In these cases, the same rules apply. The Colorado Nonprofit Association recommends all nonprofits put in place:
- A written crisis communications policy
- A checklist of crisis management steps
- An emergency phone tree
- A detailed crisis communications plan
- A guide to help you prepare for a crisis before it happens
- A process for identifying, and preparing for, potentially foreseeable crises
- A decision tree for potential actions and guiding considerations
- A post-crisis review
Despite Zuckerberg’s misjudgment, Facebook will undoubtedly weather this storm. Prepare your nonprofit to handle the unforeseen challenges ahead.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NONPROFIT PARTNER
GET THE LATEST UPDATES FROM
A.C. FITZGERALD & ASSOCIATES
HOW CAN WE HELP YOUR NONPROFIT GROW?
The team at A.C. Fitzgerald & Associates is ready to answer your questions.
CONTACT US TODAY!
A.C. Fitzgerald & Associates, LLC
P.O. Box 321012
Alexandria, VA 22320
Copyright © 2018 A.C. Fitzgerald & Associates, LLC