Get Audited (in a good way)
Ann C. Fitzgerald, President
Is your nonprofit ready to grow? If so, a fundraising audit can help chart your path to success.
Too often, nonprofit executives make decisions in isolation because they don’t have the time or resources to collect and analyze data. An audit performed by an outside firm provides the following benefits:
- Offers data-driven conclusions for more effective decision making
- Maps a path forward for gaining market share and funding resources
- Delivers critical messages to the board and management about the organization
- Generates renewed enthusiasm for an organization’s mission
- Validates the work and skills of staff members
- Prioritizes fundraising activities so that resources are leveraged
- Identifies opportunities for growth, as well as obstacles
- Clarifies your brand and unique selling proposition
- Promotes best practices and increased efficiency
Can’t do an audit right now? Then apply these tips to improve your fundraising outcomes today:
- Clean up your database so you can easily access accurate information.
- Know what you need to measure beyond annual revenue. How well are you acquiring, retaining and upgrading donors?
- Make realistic projections using your past history and trends. Your financial goals shouldn’t be based on wishes or guesses.
- Write a fundraising plan that includes projections, goals, action items and measurements.
- Validate your plan and progress by working with an outside consultant, a mentor, or a colleague.
A.C. Fitzgerald & Associates uses more than 200 data points along with qualitative analysis to evaluate nonprofits and put growth on a fast track. (One of our clients increased their revenue by 30% in one year by following our recommendations!)
Ann C. Fitzgerald is Founder and President of AC Fitzgerald, using her decades of experience in fundraising, management, leadership, and sales to help nonprofits build their capacity and achieve success. She is a sought-after speaker, writer, and advisor.